MTA Subway Sketch Series #3


While I waited in the stalled warm car due to 'congestion' at 11pm at night, I did blue sketches with my 0.5mm blue lead pencil. (The red ones were completed on the LIRR in the morning.) On the upper left hand corner was what appeared to be homeless man or vagrant just talking to himself. A little later into the ride a man sat next to him and offered him a lollipop. The vagrant politely declined and just kept to himself in utter silence. It got me to thinking how people usually keep their distance from such people in the train and outside. Part of me wondered if the people being ignored tend to feel a little less than human when that happens.

Whatever the case may have been, the vagrant got off the train and went about his business. Where he may have been off to, I have not the slightest clue.

Comments