Birthday Portrait of a Friend


This girl here is a very good friend of mine and it was her birthday. In fact, you can access her awesome blog @ Randomness By Izzy.

So I decided to do something that I haven't done in a long time: draw a portrait. I know that I just had that other passenger portraits of the MTA post, but that's different. I had to take all of her photos from Facebook and use them to create this piece. It would have been easier to just use one photo and recreate it, but then I feel I wouldn't have gotten exactly what I was looking for.

Also, I have recently come across Cameron Stewart's art and it is AMAZING. I know I'm super late in realizing that, but I was searching through some artists that someone had listed as being spectacular and his name came up. With by his beautiful inks and the fun energy that his figures possess he was my inspiration for this piece as well as this ink study.

Whether or not I do any more portraits any time soon...I'm not sure yet. There are still comic pages to draw.

Comments