Adventures in Space

Preparing for a short comic written by Ellen Goodlett that takes place in outer space I have been watching and reading up on anything NASA related. Since I had no desire to head out beyond the Earth's atmosphere I never had much interest in much of it. Now that I have been learning more about it my interest has been piqued.

Below are some sketch studies I have done.



This one is of a shuttle detaching itself from that large orange tube that acts a gas tank as it heads up for its journey to the cosmos. 

The control panel inside of the shuttle. 

The other side of the control panel area where the astronauts sit. Their seats are custom made for their unique bums.

Pilot.


I don't recall what this particular area in the international space shuttle is referred to as, but they seem to really like film in here. It'll come to me later. 

A detail of the area above.





Comments