Study of Misty Copeland and Brooklyn Mack from Swan Lake.

Misty Copeland and Brooklyn Mack performing in Swan Lake with the Washington Ballet.

Close up of clothes from study.



This was meant to be a small study and blew up into a big piece that took a good while to complete. It's Misty Copeland and Brooklyn Mack as Odette and Prince Siegfried from their Swan Lake performance with the Washington Ballet. The background took way considerably less time than the rest of it did, but by the time I got to it was determined to get this piece finished. 

I took a lesson from reflecting from the fabric folds post I made and listed almost every brush I used. It made it much easier to then go back and to retrieve whatever brush I used. Also, next time I can always refer to it for the future. Next time I am going to practice using the 'glazing technique' more to see if it can cut down on time even though I really love to pick and choose my colors... My favorite part was capturing Brooklyn's skin tone and all the lights that were reflected in it. 

Completed in Clip Studio Paint.

Comments