MTA Subway Sketch Series #12: NYC Subway Fashion Edition

 

Compilation of sketches in post.

It's been a bit since I've posted one of these despite the fact that I never stopped drawing on the train. NYC is a very populous city filled with all types of people and some with a very unique fashion sense! We'll be going through some of them below. 

Woman decked out in red with white shoes.

This woman was decked out all in all red including her bag...except for her shoes. She was on the orange lines, probably the B/D train and got off before I could completely finish everything, but lately I have been a bit better about remembering a little more than I used to when my subject leaves the train! I was so glad to have a really old red marker still in my bag that hasn't dried up. Not sure where she was headed off to, but I hope that she able to impress whomever she met up with and wherever she went.
 

Woman standing in pink university bomber jacker and black.

She wasn't standing, but I tried very hard to capture her outfit! I really liked the combo of the soft pinks and black. She had cute things on her shoes, too. I am a big fan of big jackets and coats so I love to see draw them whenever I see anyone in them.
 

Unifnished woman with red hair

This woman she was with a group of people. Her outfit had a lot going on and I was trying to get her down, but I don't recall which one of us ended up leaving the train first. Either way, I did like the butterfly on her sleeve. 


Man wearing glasses in fur and black holding a coffee cup.

It was a sunny and cold morning as I hopped onto the J train. There in front of me was this man holding his cup of mysterious liquid in a very furry vest on top of this black outfit kissed in sunlight. I pulled out my brush pen and went to work and without fail...that awkwardness that comes with having to stare at someone for a bit as you draw them made it's return. You would think that I would be used to this by now, but alas...I am not. I managed to get this much down he exited the train. I don't recall how long the ride was or even where I got on at, but I appreciate that he stayed completely still the entire time. 


Man folding arms in suit.

This guy was in a group talking with similarly dressed people. It's not all the time I see someone in a suit that has more of a tapered leg so it was nice that he was still enough for me to capture that. In reality, I was most interested in folds in his outfit. Suits can be a challenge and they are some of the most common things that you can end up drawing so I try to practice drawing some, especially when I see people wearing them. 

So this marks the end of this collection. As the weather gets warmer I hope to be able to compile some more to show you! 











Comments