MTA Subway Sketch Series #9: Comic Edition

As the MTA turns...

I am almost at the end of my Fill-A-Sketchbook-In-A-Month challenge. While checking out another student's sketchbook I saw that they had started containing all their sketches in boxes. When I asked why this particular method he said that this allows him to work on his compositions. Also, to get used to working in a comic format. This was such a great idea that I decided to try it. I took the idea a bit further and worked out complete layouts for each page.  

The biggest challenge I came across in doing this was that it was forcing me to draw as fast as I could since I only have one train ride to fill up an entire page. I have to make even quicker decisions and filling in the blanks at times. It's something I have come to really enjoy doing and it makes drawing from life even more fun. 

Comments